Monday, December 04, 2006

Blog Link Recommendations Welcome

I considered changing the look of this blog today. I thought a nice "Tequila" design would be nice for a change, but when I clicked on the button to give this blog a makeover, a message box popped up that said "template change - any template customizations will be lost." Since I have periodically posted new links on the left navbar of the Banned Books Cafe blog, I figured that hours of work would be lost. So I chickened out and left it alone.
I instead opted to invite a couple of intelligent beings out there to join this blog as new, (I hope) contributing members.
Let's see if they accept the challenge.
Other blog members have been deleted for the time being, as they have contributed no content since they joined the Banned Books Cafe blog.
Now, here's a blatent attempt to grab the attention of the Internet web spiders who might be looking for new gossip and other nonsensical stuff for web browsers:

Britney Spears. Paris Hilton. Angelina Jolie. Brad Pitt. George Clooney. Ashton Kutcher. Demi Moore, Jennifer Anniston. Marriage. Divorce. Adoption. Wedding Ring. Splitsville. Reconciliation. Forever Love. James Dean. Elvis Presley. John Wayne. Madonna. Marilyn Monroe. Pamela Anderson. Kid Rock. Jessica Simpson. Oprah Winfrey. Space alien babies.

Oh, I give up. I can't think of any other celebrity names right now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

any intelligent person should know that a lie is the intentional mis leading of people. At the time Bush took on the Iraq war the whole world believed Sadam had WMDs and Colen Powel took this before the united nations. How did we all forget this?

Winston said...

Since he ran for the office of governor of Texas in 1994, George Bush has told one lie after another. How could we vote for a man who used a local government's eminent domain powers to expand a stadium for a baseball team that he owned? I have voted against his father, and against him on four different occasions, in 1994, in 1998, in 2000, and again in 2004. I have always believed that George Bush would tell as many lies as he needs to get his way. Now he should pay for it with some quality prison time.

Anonymous said...

In Texas, exxageration is an acceptable form of entertainment to most folks. I don't want to let my emotions take over and call everyone a liar, or lose perspective, but we have other more significant (recent) events that have brought shame to the Office of the President. When Clinton lied to Congress under oath and was impeached, I beleive he should have spent jail time. He never did a day in jail, even after demeaning his office to the point of an international laughing stock. I can't even smoke a decent cigar anymore because of him.

Winston said...

risible \RIZ-uh-buhl\, adjective:
1. Capable of laughing; disposed to laugh.
2. Exciting or provoking laughter; worthy of laughter; laughable; amusing.
3. Relating to, connected with, or used in laughter; as, "risible muscles."

Winston said...

I would happily vote for Bill Clinton for another presidential term, or two or three. I say lift the term limits, and let's re-elect Bill Clinton to the White House. Then, his wife the vice president can run for office to succeed him. That way we would have the Clintons in office for the next 16 years. Yeah baby!