Wednesday, September 27, 2006

BBC: Posterity Seven

I once worked as a pizza delivery driver. My wife hated it. But it gave me good experience in the fast-food industry. For instance, I would never leave pizza pans on the floor, then re-use them without washing them. Some other things I witnessed would make one barf, but I'll spare the details. I got a crazy notion to make pizza one day at the BBC. It was a good way to come up with a vegetarian dish. This is one of the prototype pizzas I produced, and I think I fed it to my wife. That's why there are raw jalapeno peppers on this one.
I spent about a year-and-a-half delivering pizzas, until one night when a snot-nosed assistant manager insisted that I take the late shift so he could go hustle up some booty with his buddy, who was a new hire. I cashed out my receipts, took my tips, stuck them into my pocket, and walked out the door. Snot Nose never saw me again. I hope he has a long and illustrious career in the fast-food pizza industry, he deserves it.

No comments: