Wednesday, September 27, 2006

BBC: Posterity Three

My handwriting is terrible. And my daily specials sometimes turned into weekly specials. But this is the original chalkboard where I communicated my daily fare to the dining public. Many people saw it and passed on to their favorite restaurants, but the ones who did found out that I can actually cook. I'm making pozole this coming Friday, back by popular demand. And I found an old soups and stews cookbook at the antique store on Broadway and Ninth streets, and the BBC kitchen will develop more great recipes. The pozole, by the way, is my Mexican mother-in-law's recipe. She operated her own little "fondita" in Mexico City, in the same apartment where my wife grew up.

1 comment:

pineapple said...

maybe you should change it to a "until it isn't special anymore special" instead of a daily special...