Wednesday, September 20, 2006

David Bowie's Area should NEVER be banned!


It's twue! It really is "EVERYWHERE!"

This was going to be a delayed early morning rant about how, $1,300 later, my Only Carrrr is still idling like a tractor, sputtering and making a whirring sound like it's about to take flight (except, how could it, it idles like a tractor) and won't pass inspection... and how I'm stuck at a Starbucks (subverting the capitalist experiment by hijacking free wifi from the salon--let's call it what it is--it's a Beauty Shop-- next door) to blog about it, all because the guy at the car place treated me like a DUMB GRRRL and it really pissed me off.

Whew!

But then... I was reminded of the inescapable fact that David Bowie's Area really and truly is everywhere.

I'm just glad that everything 80's is back, or Starbucks would not be playing all my favorite songs from highschool and I' d still be fuming futilly (is that a word?) at Gary the car guy... who is probably going to act patronizing when I go back later.

6 comments:

Enrique said...

I'd ban his area if I could. But only so someone else's area can have a chance at glory.

pineapple said...

Area David Bowie rules!

LesleyRamsey said...

Everyone's Area should get some glory! But only David Bowie's Area can be EVERYWHERE. Otherwise... there would be an Area Overload... and that would be bad.

pineapple said...

I know because then people would be like, "Houston, we have a problem. Serious Area Overload. I repeat, SAO. Mayday. Mayday." It would just be a tragic mess.

Winston said...

Seriously, if you can get your car down to Cottonwood City, I know where you can get an inspection sticker, without too much trouble. It gets inspected, but not "too" inspected, if you know what I mean.
I loved the movie, "The Man Who Fell to Earth," starring David Bowie. He stars as a character that is somewhat "aerial."

LesleyRamsey said...

I loved that movie, too.

Car is running again like the high-performance vehicle it is supposed to be. Apparently, they DID overlook something--the one thing that fixed the rattle and hum.

And I'M a dumb Grrrl?